Bah, still a week behind! I'm trying really hard to catch up!
- My garden is looking gooood lately! I'm really pleased.
- I love it when these guys cuddle instead of fight. They're so cute when they make out.
- A little close up of the painting I've been working on.
- I hate mowing the lawn.
- Some more carrots from my garden. Getting a little bigger!
- This sleepy face gets me every time.
- My raspberry bush is enormous this year. Can't wait for raspberries to show up!
I've been having a lot of fun painting lately so I thought I would show you some progress shots.
The kind of painting I like to do is splashing a lot of colours on the canvas in layers, drawing some
little patterns with paint pens and just having fun with it. This is something that I've been working
on purely for my own enjoyment and to hang in my own home. I have a stack of failed attempts siting
behind this one that just aren't doing anything for me. But I guess my practice is paying off
because I made one that I like finally!
Once I was finished with that one, I decided he needed a friend. I feel like the first one is still
a bit too cluttered so I'm trying to cool it with the next one. The plan is to hang both of them
over the bed when I'm done. The second one is not quite done yet, but here's a progress shot.
With these paintings I limited my colour palette to bright blue, apple green, yellow, neon pink and
of course black and white. I think that it has really helped me to keep the paintings from getting too
busy or muddy. I'm still learning, but I'm pretty pleased with how these are turning out.
And here's a shot of my extremely unstable paint shelf. One of these days it's going to come crashing
down. I just know it! I'd really like to get a better storage solution soon because as you can see
my paint collection is getting quite big!
Yep, 2nd week in and I'm already behind! I kind of expected this. But that's the good part about
year long projects, I have plenty of time to catch up!
- Little baby green peppers in my garden! I actually picked one yesterday and ate it. It was so good!
- My favourite snack: Garlic and onion bagel with Daiya cream cheese.
- Got dressed up for a bridal shower so I decided to snap a couple pics.
- A rare selfie! But I was wearing a dress and did my hair and makeup. I had to document that!
- Kitty feet are the best.
- A perfect pineapple. It was delicious too.
- I've been painting up a storm lately with watercolour and acrylic.
Here's some colourful and splashy pattern inspiration for you! I came across some of
Moniquilla's patterns on Pinterest and they really
caught my eye. Her work is bright,
trendy and beautiful and I could totally see her designs on everything from clothing
to housewares to stationery. It makes me want to bust out my watercolours. I'm loving
her bold colour choices too. Definitely check out
her shop. She also has a
blog written in Spanish
and while I can't understand a word of it, it's beautiful to look at.
Hope you enjoy!
I'm really excited to bring back this series! I did something called "The View from my Phone" on my
old blog where I posted weekly photos taken with my phone.
For some reason I only took 6 photos per week instead of 7 which always sort of bothered me. If I
had taken just one more photo each week, I would have had 365 at the end of the year. And I always
thought the name was a bit long too.
So here's "My View" complete with 1 photo for every day of the week! I really love capturing everyday
scenes with my phone. You should follow me on Instagram if you like
that sort of thing too! I'm really late to the party with Instagram. But FYI,
I take most of my pictures lately with VSCOcam. It's an amazing app.
- I was visiting my dad and step-dad at the cemetary for Father's Day and this adorable bunny
came right up behind me and let me get within a couple feet. It really made me smile.
- My pretty boy Marshall doing what he does best.
- Some of the first few strawberries from my mom's strawberry patch. They were so yummy! Home grown
strawberries really can't compare to store bought.
- I'm slowing bringing my violet back to life. It has a bunch of little buds on it right now, so in
a few weeks I bet it'll look really pretty.
- Got a little impatient in the garden this week and couldn't wait to see my carrots. They're not
- We've been having amazing weather and I snapped this picture of the sky while out for a walk.
- My pansies looking healthy after a good rain. Can you tell I'm really into gardening lately?
I posted my first freebie on the blog a couple days ago and now I'm posting my first colour palette!
Look at me go! I can't get enough of those colour palette sites and I love creating my own palettes.
Lately I've been into colour schemes that contain 2 opposites on the colour wheel. Like this pink
and green combo. I really like the contrast. And it looks great with a dark background or a light
Ooh and if you're on Bloglovin be sure to
follow my blog!